- To provide opportunities for girls to participate in sports.
We believe that participation in sports offers many positive benefits for girls. Therefore, we seek to provide opportunity for girls in the Austin and San Antonio areas.
Participation in sport will:
- Increase health, self-esteem, confidence and pride
- Decrease the rate of obesity, delinquency and pregnancy
- Teach girls how to be disciplined, set and achieve goals, sacrifice and work with others
Forms of participation:
- Team Members: These girls will play on teams that participate in AAU and national basketball tournaments throughout the United States. We will have teams in Austin and San Antonio.
- Day Campers: These sponsored girls will participate in basketball clinics during the summer. The day camps will be offered in Austin and San Antonio.
"Full Court Press" Reading Program (Team Members)
- All members are encouraged to read throughout the summer
"Assist" Reading Program (Day Campers) "Girl's Giving Back Clinics"
- Free admission
- Basic fundamental basketball instruction
- Motivational speaking session (Topics: goal setting/achievement, drugs/alcohol)
- Reading time-outs
- Book give-away
- Library Card Registration Assistance Program
We provide experienced basketball coaches who have received college degrees and have professional, collegiate and/or Olympic basketball playing experience coach TeamXpress teams. Our staff is dedicated to developing the complete basketball player. In addition to receiving basketball instruction, players will receive strength, agility, speed and endurance training as part of their practice sessions.
TEAMXPRESS goal is to open the door of opportunity for girls to attend college by way of athletic scholarship. Collegiate coaches will be able to follow the success of our girls via the TeamXpress web site and by attending games during tournament. Rosters, schedules and video footage are available on teamxpress.org.